Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tony and Justin rob a house for miss lady

We get a new mandate from corporate. An email. Gully is at my cube, doesn’t say anything, were both heavy into coffee now that we stopped drinking, now that I stopped drinking. Where does he find those fucking ties? I am doing the partial ignore. Then I open it, the email. BURGLARY. This is all it says. I look up at Gully and as I do he has tossed the keys to our car onto my desk. “You’re driving.”

We get gas at the last full service in Reseda. There is an arcade there. It only has two games and we disagree about the quality of a plural. Hamish is a one of the good Arabs. His shirt says “I Hate Arabs”, he’s a Sikh. Now that Gully is working he tips everyone fives. It sucks for the waitresses but Hamish, I bet he tells a Gully story to his kids.

He stills smokes but he works harder than anyone. Once I tell Greg, I ask him, I say “Hey Greg, why can’t you be more like Gully. He has a fucking handicap but he works harder than anyone.” Greg flips me off, he still does that even though he is in his late thirties too.

Were here, where we need to be. “Your reading too much into it.” He tells me, “What does it say?”

He’s right. His head does not get smaller with the ski mask. It’s something about his hair, like how a hair cut can make you look like you have lost weight. Only it is the opposite for him.

Back at the office we dump our sacks on Miss Lady’s desk. She puts the phone down. “Were going home” Gully tells her. She nods after looking just briefly at the items that have taken up a new semi-permanent residence on her workspace until the cops can show up and tag everything.

“So I guess well see you tomorrow.” He says to her and we both walk out. “Initiative” he tells me, “These people aren’t looking for the right answer.” And he was right cuz she totaly bailed us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment