Saturday, September 10, 2011

Boobs I

We are driving again.  We are arguing about pronouns, if that’s even what they are called, and I am using it anecdotally to hate on Spanish, the idiocy of attributing gender to inanimate objects, she is holding this bully fight in her mind like a school teacher might a real brawl, without malice, detached from outcome at least as far as I am concerned, and I, the bully recognize none of it though I see it, am not cowed, will not comply, my own heart my god, my own anger is my intellect, I swerve.  Her hand goes up for a moment and she stiffens whether because of the swerve or anticipating disaster.  My arguments have deteriorated (over the last few years) into an amalgam of civility, a few articulate kill shot attempts with figurative lance and then more passive coexistence and a few long stares.  Who needs a good point anymore?

It’s Vegas for me.  I tell her I dream of a bed made of tits.  She smirks half loving the idea herself.  I tell her in my dream, though it was not a dream it was an idea.  I get angry before I start.  I stop talking about the idea.

“that’s fucking bullshit” I scream.  The car reacts more than she does.  "the whole world shits on things that are not dreams, if I was to tell you that I had a dream you would be all, oh...  well it’s not a fucking dream, it means more, well maybe not but it’s important too”

“whats your idea” Kay asks me.

“My idea is that I am at a grocery store in the donut section and I am buying these big, soft, perfect tits…  I fill my fucking bag… (I look at her) its an odd number, its five…” we drive for a while.

She thinks about what I am saying or looks like it. 

“I wish I could read your mind and judge you for it” I say.  She spits laughter and then we are both laughing, I am laughing, banging my fist on the steering wheel to break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment