Sunday, September 18, 2011

My athiest prayer

Thank you God for my sardonic grin

and for not taking away from me the love of donuts.

Thank you for preserving piracy, for abs and for sex.

Thank you for finding a way to get love to me

albeit through stray cats, memories and ex wives.

Thank you for success though you tell me that

success does not bring happiness

(and lo, I am not happy)

but still, thank you for success.

Though I ignore you I thank you.

Though I have cruel words for you

I like the warmth of my woman.

Though I will not submit, you send me laughter.

I will give you no love back because

love demands action not ignorance.

I will give you no love back because


the things you want me to do,


I do not want to do.

I will give you no love back because

wickedness and darkness suit me.

I will give you the truth, always, that I can do,

that and talk to you

and thank you for my sardonic grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment