Monday, August 22, 2011

2 - Conversation

“We hafta leave.”

“We should leave.” He tells me. There is a difference, of course there is. That’s what he’s sayin.

“We should leave.” I say.

“Do we know where yet?” He asks me. He drinks now. I think he does so to be self-ironic, for the cliché. It’s good that he does, that he drinks. All I can think of is the art store up by the old swap meet on Goldenwest. For some reason it’s all I think of. It doesn’t hit me til later. “What do we need?”

“What do we want right?” I say to him. “I’ll stay here and die on this roof with you.”

We leave two days later. I cut all the sand bags. I don’t know why I just do. I don’t go crazy I just knife them like tires, that’s it, I don’t dump them out. This was before we ran everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment