Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tony and Justin road trip to a shit town in Mexico looking for the New Gods (aliens)


They promised us it was the end of the world but no one is that lucky. I quit, drove back home towards the coast to get my friend.  I pulled over in the Mojave at about four am, slept like you do in a sports car, got into the beach cities after eight, drove around looking for the sorry ass bar he works in for forty minutes, found it, parked and got out of my Z like I just had surgery, walked in, he’s wiping glasses, the bars full and he’s got a giant cup of oj on the counter and a cigarette hanging out of his head. His eyebrow raises and he stops wiping the glass in his hands.

He quits too, he said he knew I was coming. It takes a week to get into Mexico, good news bad news is, they say money goes farther there.  My car is stolen in Tijeras and there is no walking 800 miles to Guanajuato where the new gods are even if he wasn’t shot. We had spent our last twelve dollars American racking up a fifty dollar tab in a great little shit hole of a place we’ve named Playa del Fuego, we just kept saying that name over and over and taking those napkins off the tops of our beers. When they found out we have no money, or not enough, the night ended. I never saw him again.

I get as far as Leon, just 30 miles from the hole in Mexico’s ass where these fuckers came back to but the whole party has moved north already. In a corner pharmacy at four am I watch Phoenix burn on a black and white TV. The guy who runs the pharmacy here has family there.  He locks the door after pulling in a lawn chair for me to sit on and we watch what the Mexican anchor keeps calling ‘fuego azul’ but it just looks white to us on his tv.  I think of the bar where they killed my friend, everyone smiling and raising their beers to us, laughing at the crazy, rich, white kids, cuz were all rich kids to em I bet, at least until the money runs out.

Well, they see me and get in.  He tries to stop them from taking me but I tell him it’s ok. I think for a second that they’re gonna take me to the new gods but those bastards have been gone for days now, it’s a comforting thought though.

It ends quicker than I give them credit for.  No one is shot, me that is, I am not shot; its a low energy killing, no shouts or shoes to the head, just a firm tap with the old Ma-che-tay to the neckers and whump, whump, whump, out with the blood, body in a ditch with others, good view, stars past some wild silhouette of high leafy trees, everything is black, even if it could be other colors, mabey soon we'll see 'em, maybe soon we'll get to make our case.


No comments:

Post a Comment