Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Falling


“It’s not enough to be alone.” I tell him. He lifts his head in nod, an acknowledgement, to say yes, to say he understands, he’s with me. The wind / air or just our hurtling through the still skies, catches on the micro-seams of the hull and 30 degree temperature bleed variations in the 6000 degree range with callous rigidityt which despite all this technology, eludes the one and two micro second corrections in the air brake. It is a bumpy ride.

He has found gum. I never buy gum. I lift my head at him adding a double eyebrow lift and an observed glance at his mouth. He arches back against g’s and digs in a pocket where gum should not be kept, gets a stick and tosses it to me. It falls as though it were made of lead. I nod to myself. He is smiling, looking at me.

It really is not that loud for what is occurring just feet from our soft heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment