Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Run


It is a dull lullaby of an evening, vampires choke on their words, and I inherit an embrace from you. A new box of matches, you could be and you are, I know you are. You whisper in a minaret. There are no words for envy now, I will be you, and if I must tear this whole world down I will do it, then all you will be able to do is run. Run beautiful, run.

You tell me it’s a nice dream, you say it. There is no inferno where once a doubt can hide. I am in it. You kick at flames I wish I were. I have let myself go, I know it. No, I won’t even remember.

I am the face you have made. Can you feel it. I am the need you have formed in mud, your own tears are all, your hard work, your one small gift, your candle under a cover. You have kept me hid my whole life. It was worth it.

You walk me away. There is no hidden meaning in it. Come, feel your legs run for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment